Sunday, March 1, 2009

Day 7 - Week 1 Weigh In

I got up this morning with some pep in my step, excited to weigh in and see what progress I've made over the past week. I got my son bundled up and met my dad on the street and off we walked to the coffee stand. Today, on my iPhone, I was rockin' out to Eoghan Heaslip's new album called "Wonderful Story." It's an incredibly refreshing worship album. I haven't heard anything from him for the last couple years and went on iTunes last night to check out if he had anything fresh out. I'm super glad I did. Check it out!
Once we arrived to the coffee stand, I enjoyed a nice, double ristretto espresso from Drew Konzelman himself. Thanks for that Drew. I got amped from the coffee, and at about the time we hit 94th Street, I looked at my dad and said, "Let's do this!" We jogged the rest of the way home at a good pace, and I was pushing my son in the stroller which added some extra resistance as we jogged. We both felt awesome when we got back to the crib, and we began to build some storage shelving in my garage. That's what men do when they're amped! They build things! Tim the Tool Man Taylor ain't got nothing on me and my dad. What we build works!
I know at this point, you're probably dying to know what I weighed in at. Well, let's talk about that. I weighed in last Sunday at 214 lbs. After successfully completing my daily required workouts, (1 hour of cardio, 60+ push ups, 60+ sit ups) except for one day where all I missed was the sit ups and push ups, and after enjoying three extra 1 hour+ weight training workouts with my trainer Jason Jones, and eating very well, in fact, over the whole week, I ended up eating 3,000+ calories LESS than my budget had allotted me, I ate very balanced nutritionally, I incorporated lean proteins, essential fatty acids, and lots of fruits and vegetables, and water was my best friend, I nearly swallowed 100+ ounces of it per day, and at the end of the week, my work has paid off! It paid off more than I expected. I weighed in today at 208.4, a net loss of 5.5 lbs!!! I'm so stoked right now!
Stay tuned for a video blog recap of week 1. I'll post my favorite recipes from the week and talk about some of the experiences I had. Thanks for all the support I've received. I couldn't have made through week 1 without it. Thank you!

1 comments:

Tony said...

5 lbs in a week is awesome. You will reach your goal in no time at that pace.

Post a Comment