Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Day 16


Just knocked out a killer core workout and a solid hour of cardio on the elliptical. I'm able to maintain a higher speed on that bad boy now, for the duration, which makes me feel pretty awesome and burns more calories too! I've got nothing super exciting to report for today. If I'm being totally honest with you, I'm actually writing this blog entry in the future...well, today that is, March 12th...I kind of missed blogging the last couple days. It was mainly because I didn't feel like I had good content to write about. So now, at least I can write about not having any good content to write about and how I promised myself that I wouldn't be "that guy" who blogs about nothing just for the sake of blogging. However, in retrospect, the simple practice of blogging and being consistent with it on a day to day basis was the whole reason I set out to even begin blogging in the first place. And finally, I have something worth blogging about.
I've struggled with blogging in the past. I would often have a creative spark, begin a blog, post a few entries, and then years would go by, literally, with me being the only reader of my own blog. It feels really good to practice this discipline because I really do enjoy writing.
To recap my goals over the 90 day stretch of the LGN project:

1.) I obviously want to shed 30lbs and look awesome!
2.) I want to drastically change my eating habits and patterns and be healthy.
3.) I want to become a blogging aficionado.

As far as the weight loss goal, I'm about 1/3 of the way there, but I do understand that the next twenty pounds are really the hardest to lose. I feel like I've got a decent handle on eating. I'm struggling a bit to make sure that I get all the necessary daily nutrition that my body requires, but no longer am I binge eating, where as in the past I would hit up McDonalds and grab a double quarter pounder with cheese, large fry, two or three 4-piece chicken nuggs and wash it all down my gullet with an inappropriately large Mr. Pibb, two to three times per week, only to get home and ravage through the pantry like a wild dog who hasn't eaten for a week, munching cookies, fruit snacks, ice cream, etc.! I typically would usually only eat when I was alone or with somebody.
I can't believe that the calories that are in that one feeding at McDonalds (about 1800) are more than the calories that I now have budgeted to consume on a daily basis! Yeah right! I used to eat so bad. This is the longest stretch of time, in my entire life, that I have gone without eating fast food. I feel awesome about that and so does my wallet!
As far as the blogging goal, I'm growing and learning about what works and what doesn't. It's an exciting journey for me to log what's taking place in my mind and in my life through out the day on a daily basis. What it does for me, is it keeps my goals right at the forefront of my mind. I find that the more I think about what I want to do and the more I visualize my self doing it, the more motivated I become and the more capable I become.

0 comments:

Post a Comment