Monday, March 16, 2009

Day 22


Today was awesome! I connected up with a couple of friends who live upstairs in the condos above the coffee shop and took them to Dillanos Coffee Roasters for a tour. We are in the process of brewing our own Forza Coffee Porter and wanted to experience the roaster first hand and see if we could come away with some tips and insights for brewing beer with coffee.
After the tour, we headed back to Ben's condo and began the brewing process. It's a lot like cooking; you follow a recipe, you put in ingredients, you celebrate it! I've always wanted to try making my own beer. Ben has all the equipment necessary and the know how, so I'm super glad we were able to get together for this project, it was a lot of fun, and the best part about home-brew, is that you get to drink a home-brew while you brew at home. Ben had recently made an english pale ale that was like no other beer I've ever tasted! It was incredible and super eye opening to the reality that it is possible to brew insanely great beer at home, and for half the price of buying beer at the store!
I ate very conservatively today because I figured that I'd be having a beer, and I honestly haven't had one is so long, so it was a nice treat to enjoy, yet I knew that I'd have to get in some extra cardio later to make up for having it. I did. I got a great work out in. 1 hour of cardio and core exercises. Good times! Check out the brewing pics below.

0 comments:

Post a Comment