Monday, March 9, 2009

Day 15


I got my wife back today. Her friend, Tieara, who lives in California and whose husband works for Southwest Airlines, hooked her up with a ticket to Las Vegas! They met up in Vegas yesterday, spent the day and night there and then got to walk around today before hoping back on a flight toward home. I love having my wife home. This place is not the same with out her. It's not that I'm scared of being alone in my house, it's just that it's lonely in my house when she's not here and I'm scared of being lonely.
My son, Jaxon, is at such a fun stage in life right now. He's almost three and he's at the point where I'm able to teach him some responsibility with chores and helping around the house. He now knows where his dirty diapers go, the other day he helped me by stocking the TP on the closet shelf, and today, 3 or 4 times, he returned an empty juice bottle to a shelf in the garage after I had put it in a pile to be taken out because he got used to seeing it there and must have thought that's where it belonged. He's such a good boy. I'm so thankful for him.
I had a great work out this afternoon with Jonesy! We really honed in on core and back today, and I was able to see some good growth in my core strength. After the workout, I ended up doing some stretching and recovery. I drank lots of water and had some insane chicken lettuce wraps for dinner. If you've ever eaten at P.F. Changs, you've probably had the chicken lettuce wraps that they do, and they are insanely insane. I was shopping at Costco tonight, I could probably go off on a tangent about how much I love Costco and how the world would be a better place if everyone spent more time there, but that's a story for another day, so, anyway, I came across this lettuce wrap kit that ended up tasting exactly like P.F. Changs!!! I was so stoked! The first time I had those bad boys was on an overnight trip to Portland for a wedding last year. And since then, I've been craving them like crazy...and they're relatively healthy for you, I mean, it's just lettuce, and chicken, and some tremendously awesome flavorings. You've got to check it out!
I'm geared up for the week. I'll be getting up early to begin my day with a nice little session of cardio, and then I'll make my way toward the drive thru stand and then to downtown. Looking forward to some great coffee tomorrow! Hope to see you there!

0 comments:

Post a Comment