Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Day 9


I decided to ride my bike today. Let me re-phrase that. I decided to pedal my bike today. I hadn't ridden it in quite some time so I was excited to get on it and hit the open road. I pedaled over to our drive thru coffee stand location in front of Goodwill on Meridian and hung out there for a little over an hour and helped make coffee. I then proceeded to head toward our downtown location, but mistakenly took a long and more round about approach then I had anticipated. I ended up riding over near Pierce College and then by Wal-Mart and then down towards Good Sam which finally landed me into the heart of Downtown Puyallup and into the comforting vicinity of the coffee shop where I spend the majority of my days. By the time I got there I was feeling pretty good about life. I felt like I had accomplished something. I felt rad.
Honestly, I felt like I had already put in an 8 hour day on my bicycle, and now, more work? I got a shot of coffee in me, I got amped up, and I got crackin' serving the people of Puyallup one glorious cup of joe after another. Time flew by, and before I knew it, it was 3PM and time for me to begin my ascent toward South Hill. I don't know if you knew this or not, but the only way to get to South Hill, is to go up a hill...hence, the "Hill" in "South Hill". There's no way around it. Believe me, I've tried to find an easier way. What I'm also beginning to learn and truly grasp a hold of in life, is that there is no "easy way" that is beneficial. There are no short cuts in life that produce good fruit. Hard work, discipline, dedication, faithfulness...those things produce good fruit, those things give great results, in those things is great fulfillment.
Up, up and away I went. I traveled up hill on 94th, past the cemetery, turned right on 112th passed Costco, peddled down 86th, and then hooked a left on 125th into the wonderful world of Rogers Ridge, the place I've known as home for nearly 18 years.

The total time from the coffee shop to the homestead was 50 minutes.
My total miles ridden for the day were close to 10.
The pain in my left and right buttocks due to the inappropriate discomfort of the bicycle seat...priceless.

I rested for 30 minutes or so after the ride and in came old Jonesy, like a 5th grade bully looking to steal my lunch, he took me on a journey of pain toward places I would never wish upon my worst enemies. I seriously must have blacked out during the work out because I vaguely remember it, but he said I did it. Thanks Jones!

0 comments:

Post a Comment