Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Day 17


Today Jones took my core (abs) workout to another level. We spent about 40 minutes focused there and then switched to some chest exercises. He pushed me hard and I felt it when I woke up this morning. I literally had to tuck my knees into my chest and build momentum as I rocked back and forth and then launched myself off the bed, to then ultimately land on the floor, but then quickly stood up pretending that didn't just happen. Yes this is yet another post that comes from the day after. I'll do a better job staying on top of this gig.
I wanted to express how vitally important I think it is to have people around you encouraging you, spurring you on, challenging you, pushing you, supporting you, and helping you to realize your goals and see them through. Honestly, if I was all alone trying to do this thing, I'd probably knock out about 4 push ups and then go and heat up a corn dog. It is essential and applicable in everyday life as well to have "cheerleaders", for lack of a better term, cheering you on as you work it out.
What are some goals you might have? What are some hopes and dreams you have been pondering? Write them down, tell someone, tell several people, and then get after it! For me, this is something that I've been thinking about doing for about 4 years. I have been procrastinating and finally came to a point where I had to decide which direction I wanted my life to go as far as my health was concerned. I'm coming up on 30 in about 3 and 1/2 years and I had to decide if I wanted to carry all these extra pounds with me into that age, or if I would rather enjoy running around the yard with my kids, walking up the stairs in my house without needing to take a breather, and go skateboarding again. I decided the latter. I told some people. Now, it's on! I encourage you today to take out a pen, scratch down some thoughts, goals, etc. Set up an action plan, tell someone, and do work! You'll be glad you did.

0 comments:

Post a Comment