Saturday, March 14, 2009

Day 20



Today at about 5pm, my brother Austin, dad and I were cruising around, running a couple of errands. I told my dad that he should buy a bike to replace the one that I use...that's actually his...so we could jam together around trails and up hills and such. We looked at some super ghetto bikes at Wal-Mart. One of the bikes seriously had a bell on it. I rode it around the aisles of the store for good measure and then off we went to Costco.
This is finally the appropriate time to reveal my undeniable love for Costco. For those of you who don't understand the gloriousness that is Costco, let me paint you a picture. Actually, I'll just try and explain it's awesomeness. Right away when you walk in, you're greeted by giant TV screens, flickering and shinning on you. That's a
precursor to the many, many aisles of incredible gizmos, gadgets, whose its and whats its galore that await for your perusing. Everything is cheaper, and almost everything is in bulk, which in and of itself is awesome! There's wonderful people I like to call the "Sample People" that hand out free food and talk to you as if they're on an in
fomercial. In short, anything and everything you could want is at Costco. Prime example; Austin, my dad and I walk in to Costco right as it's
closing at 6PM. We bee-line straight to the back of the store where we know bikes are. We check out this sic bike and as we are about to buy it, we think out loud, "Dad, you're gonna need a helmet!" We turn our heads to the right and whadda ya know, there's a huge stack of helmets for sell right next to the bikes! Who'd have ever thought!
So we end up scooping up the bike and getting it home. My dad and I gear up and get psyched and then go for an hour long ride to the coffee shop downtown and then back. He felt like I felt the first few times I rode a bike up 94th; super tired, winded, and sore. I felt awesome as I rode. I'm a lot stronger than I used to be and now have much more endurance than I did even 3 weeks ago.
Tomorrow I weigh in and I am hoping for another 2 pounds to have fallen away. We'll see.

1 comments:

Cassie said...

Bryan,
I like to say Costco is like Disneyland for adults... except better!!!!!

this blog is rad, and good luck with the journey!

Post a Comment