Saturday, February 28, 2009

Day 6


Today was a pretty solid day. I worked at the coffee shop this morning. Pretty crazy busy morning. I'm super thankful that it is that way. Lately I've heard of so many people losing their jobs and being laid off from work because of the state of our economy. We're very blessed to see continued growth at the coffee shop. We're seeing new faces all the time and old ones are still as enjoyable as the first day we came to know them. Thank You Lord for the success of our shop!
After I got off, I battled my dad in an epic match up of rock-paper-scissors to see who would buy lunch. I owned him and off to DeCaterina's for lunch we went. If you've never been there it's a great little spot in Puyallup, basically, it's diagonal across the park from us at the coffee shop. I had a seafood salad with grilled prawns, scallops and salmon with some balsamic vinaigrette...unbelievably delicious and nutritious. It was a nice time with my dad.
My wife called and wanted me to bring her home a BLT. She was very specific of her need for a BLT. My wife is pregnant, by the way if you didn't know, so what occurs when you're pregnant, so I'm told, is that you crave certain things at certain times. Her craving, this time, just so happened to be a BLT, and DeCaterina's just so happened to have a fantastic one that she soon enjoyed.
My wife shared with me this afternoon that she's feeling more sensitive, emotionally, then she's ever felt before. She said she cried during Survivor, and that she tends to want to cry frequently over silly little things. At church tonight, as a special part of the service, there were some Islander Dancer folks that were dancing to a song on stage. As soon as they began, the music and the movements of these beautiful people were too much for her. She got all choked up, and we looked at each other and smiled. She was moved to tears. How sensitive and sweet! I love it!
Yesterday, my Pop's and Gram's flew over to North Carolina to catch up with my mom and Aunt Angela as they were going to celebrate my Gram's sisters birthday. My Pop's and I were talking and we were rattling off some thoughts about diet and exercise when he spouted off something quite profound...He called it the "RA Factor" which stands for "Responsibility and Accountability Factor" and is significant because it's what is needed in order to see a life style change happen. You can't have one with out the other, and you can't succeed at what your trying to accomplish if both aren't in place in your life. I latched on to this principle and feel it's something that will help carry me through the challenging times during this process. I'm being responsible by asking for accountability which will help me to reach my goals of a healthy life style which is responsible...do you see how it works...take responsibility , get accountability, win!
Tomorrow will mark my first official weigh in since I began. One week of results are just a few hours away. I'm very excited. First thing tomorrow I plan to go for my Sunday morning stroll to the coffee stand with my dad and Jaxon, my boy. It's a nice walk from the house, and a good way to knock out my daily hour of cardio. When I get back, I'll knock out my push ups and sit ups and then I'll weigh in. In my mind, I'm hoping I lost 12 lbs, or more! Realistically, I hope I lost 2 lbs at least because I've pushed pretty hard this week and to not see results will be a little disheartening. If nothing else, I've at least begun the process of living a healthy life style and with consistency and continued faithfulness to the plan, I'm bound to see results soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment