Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Day 2


On a scale of one to awesome, today was AWESOME!!! I was a little more nervous going into today, worried that I'd be hungry, or tired, because honestly, the coffee shop can be a bit demanding at times...but, I did awesome, with the exception of the afternoon...I ended up with a flat tire when I got home from work and was planning to do my exercises, but had to attend to the needs of my Probe, yes, that's right, I drive a Ford Probe...and ohhhh yes, you can bet I'll be posting some sweet pics of me and the Probe in the near future.
Anyway, after dealing with that headache, and literally, having a physically real headache, (I think because I was hungry), I got some good food in me, and hit the elliptical for an hour! I was so stoked that I hit it for that long. I feel like a million bucks as I write this blog entry. Also, I busted out 60 crunches after my cardio, and at work today, between customers, I was able to get my 60 push-ups in. Tomorrow, Jason and I will weight train for an hour. I'm looking forward to that.
My muscles are recovering nicely and again, I feel like I'm getting enough calories and nutrition in my diet. I feel AWESOME!!! It's only Day 2 though I keep reminding myself. I know I can do it! One day at a time is what it will take. I still haven't had time to post the things I've wanted to post, such as some recipes and my weekly meal plan. That might take a back seat for now, or I may just end up posting my daily net calorie intake which calculates food calories consumed minus exercise calories burned. That will paint a decent picture of what I'm doing.
I have a super sweet app on my iPhone called Lose It! If there is anyone out there that is trying to lose weight, manage calorie intake and factor in exercise, this is the sweetest app that I've seen on the iPhone for doing this. It's super user friendly and very accurate, and honestly, it makes this whole thing so much fun. Check it out in the Apple app store.
I thought I should leave you with a random thought tonight. Isn't it funny how we, as humans, react to the rain? If you watch closely, when people are walking in the rain, running to and fro in the rain, scampering in the rain, they make a face that describes nothing but shear agony, as if it's not rain that's actually falling on their skin, but molten lava. They squint their eyes, and curl their lips in disgust as if each drop of cool wetness is melting away their flesh...I caught myself doing that today.

0 comments:

Post a Comment