Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Day 3


Today, was a fun filled day. Here's how it started; I woke up at 4AM, opened the coffee shop, celebrated life and did what I do best...which is, I guess, celebrating life. I had a meeting in Tacoma, and after that I was headed to Firestone to get my flat tire replaced from the day before. On the way to my meeting I passed a hole in the wall place called Jeff's Used Tires, and that sparked a thought in my mind that maybe they'd have the one tire that I need for the Probe as opposed to me needing to buy two brand new tires from firestone for $180. I proceeded to my meeting and didn't even give it another thought.
After I left the meeting and began making my way toward Firestone, the thought of stopping by this used tire place crept back into my mind. At that point, the last thing I wanted to do was sit for an hour or two at Firestone while they replaced my tires and gouged my wallet. I was hungry, I had a work out that I needed to get going on, and quite frankly, I just wanted to go home. So, I prayed. With a child like faith, I asked God to provide a tire for me at this junky place, under 80 bucks, and that the whole process would take less then 30 minutes, because I was due for some calories in my gullet.
I rolled up into this place and saw signs posted everywhere that they only accept cash. Cash Only. Of course, I had no cash, so, I just about left when I saw a young man approaching the Probe and I got out and told him what I was looking for. He took me out into the tire yard and showed me a stack of tires. The one on top had exactly the same tire tread left as the other three tires, that were still good, on the Probe. I asked how much and he said, $26. I couldn't believe it. I was stoked out of my mind. I was going to save so much money going this route. Woohoo!
Because I had the spare tire on the Probe still, I was able to leave my rim for him to put the tire on while I ran to get cash. I came back, the tire was ready, I paid $31 and some change after tax, by that time he had the tire on the Probe, I thanked him, started my car, and drove off...all in under 10 minutes!!! I was so happy. I know my prayer was a measly, petty, little prayer for myself, but what that experience today taught me, was that God cares about the everyday things in our lives. He desires to be involved in every facet of our lives, not just when it's convenient, or when we make time for Him. He wants to be invited into our daily dealings!
I finally got home and immediately began 40 minutes of cardio on my elliptical as I waited for Jonesy, my personal trainer, to arrive. I knew that he was planning to work me over today, and I wasn't looking forward to that. He got to my house and we began a 40 minute work out blitz on my abs (I use the term, "abs", loosely, as I have more of a sack of flour in my belly than anything that resembles "abs" as of now) and core. We finished by focusing on triceps. What a killer work out. I felt like a million bucks afterwards. However, right now, as I write this, I realize that my body hates me. It is strongly opposed to the changes that I am imposing upon it. I hold on to the fact though that it will continue to get easier and easier as I remain consistent and continue to strive toward the goal of LGN. I got owned today!

0 comments:

Post a Comment