Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Day 38




This day began at 4AM. I'm not sharing that to boast, I'm simply trying to express that I understand what it's like to be walking around inchoherently at that ungodly hour of the day. I've seriously begun to prepare everything I need for the next day, the night before, so that it's easy to grab, put on, package up and take with me to work. If I don't plan ahead, I end up accidently grabbing things I shouldn't bring with me to work, or dressing slopily, or worst yet, not eating properly. That's what I am beginning to notice is the most difficult part about this lifestyle change. It's the food part. I'm absolutely stoked on the working out portion of the deal, but that's literally only 1/3 of the battle. The other 2/3's of the battle take place with food consumption. It makes a huge difference what you eat and how much of it. The issue isn't that I'm hungry, or that healthy foods taste bad. Healthy foods taste awesome, fresh, and are completely satisfying. And when I eat, I feel full. The issue is making sure that I'm eating all the essential fruits and veggies, fats and proteins, and complex carbs that my body needs. I'm finding it a struggle to get enough vegetables in me. I feel like I'm hitting the other areas fairly well. I'm so looking forward to weighing in this week! It's been a fruitful one so far! Time to eat more veggies!

0 comments:

Post a Comment