Sunday, April 12, 2009

Day 42 - Day 49 Recap and Explanation

It's been exactly one week since I've last blogged and I've done that intentionally because I really needed a healthy break from it. I have developed the habit of blogging and journaling and I am grateful for that, but I noticed that I was feeling stressed out if I hadn't blogged and I didn't like that it was making me feel that way. I decided to just celebrate life and not blog for a week and now, here I am back in the saddle and I've got a lot to share so buckle up and enjoy the story ride. Here goes.
Last Saturday, I ended up leaving work early with fever of 102. I was tripping out. I ended up getting into bed at 10AM and finally around 4PM my fever broke. A few moments later I received a call from Leah that Jaxon had just busted his eye open on the playground and needed to get stitches and that I needed to come to pick them up from the park because they had walked there. I was pretty disoriented, to say the least, but I got up and going as quick as I could and we took Jaxon to the clinic to get stitched up. I was impressed at his bravery. He had a gaping gash near his eyebrow, but that was not getting his spirits down. He was a good sport...Until his daddy and mommy had to hold him down on the doctors office chair while the doctor attempted to stitch his eye. If I'd have known what would play out, I definitely would have had the nurse assist the doctor in this process rather than me. What happened was that Jaxon was flailing around and freaking out and his hand slipped out of mine and got a hold of the suture, the doctor started freaking out and left the room for whatever reason. I thought that doctor got jabbed with the suture, but later found out that she didn't, so I'm still not really sure why she left the room and was freaking out so much. It was stressful, but we made it and now his eye has healed up very well.

On Monday, Jones and I had one of the most epic and endurance building days I've ever had in my entire life. We rode our bikes to Ballys, worked out chest and did 200 core reps, rode down to Sparks Stadium and ran stairs and did the "death march", rode over to Forza and played frisbee for an hour or so and then rode over to Decoursey Park where we went riding on some killer mountain bike trails and then home. The journey was awesome, the exercise was great. When I got home I was absolutely wasted. I had never worked my body that hard, but it felt great. I grilled up some salmon and sweet potato fries for lunch and passed out I think.


By popular demand, I've included another sketch of me at my half way point. As of today, I've got 40 days left of the LGN project and I'm only 10lbs away from my goal. I clocked in today at 194.8 which I was stoked to see, but being Easter and all, I ended up eating a bit more than I should have. That will be our little secret though. I hope you also enjoy the other two pictures that are honorable mentions. The first is of me at my fat stage where I would eat a lot. I was at a sushi place after work one day and you can see how large I was. The other picture shows my highly sophisticated side as I am sipping my first official glass of red wine at the Gig Harbor Forza store. I will blog as often as I feel necessary from here on out. Every few days or so ought to be just about right.

2 comments:

Tony said...

Man, I want to get a mt bike in a bad way. Karl and I have been talking about hitting those trails around clarks creek.

Unknown said...

You have inspired me to get off my butt. I love the progress you've made and it sounds like your doing it without expensive foods or exercise programs. If Jones is looking for another beached whale to rehab let me know ;-)

Great job and don't stop now!!!

Post a Comment